Sara Griffin, L.P.C.
Sara has worked for 16 years as a licensed counselor. Prior to her counseling vocation, she worked as a United Methodist pastor, in social services, and as a hospice chaplain and bereavement counselor. She became a counselor to sit with people and hear their stories, make meaning from their experiences and deepen their connections with themselves and others.
She works mainly with adults around a myriad of issues, with specialties in sexual trauma, gender and sexual identity and grief and loss. Sara does NOT do conversion therapy.
“Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.” ~Akshay Dubey
- BA in Religious Studies, Albion College
- Master of Divinity, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- Master in Pastoral Counseling, Loyola University
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Michigan
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois
- National Certified Counselor
Location of Practice:
- Monday afternoon: North Congregational Church, Farmington Hills
- Tuesday: North Congregational Church
- Thursday: North Congregational Church (afternoon/evening)
- Friday: Nardin Park