Dr. Rita Valade, Ph.D., L.M.S.W., M.A.
Rita is a Clinical Social Worker who has worked in Detroit and Benton Harbor, MI; Washington, DC; Baltimore and Louisville. From the Detroit area originally, Dr. Valade now resides in Southfield, MI.
Her clinical interests have led her to working on the streets with persons who were homeless through Johns Hopkins Hospital as the Mental Health Coordinator for Health Care for the Homeless, to being Chair of the School of Social Work (BSSW and MSW programs) at Spalding University in Louisville, KY. She has also shared community-living with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities for 13 years.
She has expertise in the areas of general mental health; all forms of addictions and the 12 Step approach to recovery; spirituality and its interplay in the real world of suffering and joy; the unique, yet universal concerns of persons with disabilities and those who care for them; grief/loss/transformation processes; and co-dependency issues, particularly among women.
She loves animals of all stripes. If you are lucky, you may get to meet her sweet, happy, and loving black lab-mix Gracie.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker: State of Michigan
- B.A. in Psychology and Sociology: University of Michigan
- M.S.W. from Catholic University, Washington, DC; concentration in Mental Health
- M.A. in Systematic Theology from Washington Theological Union
- Ph.D. in Social Work from the University of Louisville
Location of Practice:
- Wednesdays: Mercy Center