Rev. Dr. Barbara Lewis-Lakin, L.P.C.
Barbara Lewis-Lakin is a pastoral psychotherapist/counselor with specialties in: grief and loss, spiritually-integrated psychotherapy, women’s issues, clergy and clergy family issues, sexual/power abuse by clergy, stage of life transitions, anxiety, and depression. She has been on staff at Samaritan Counseling since 1989.
- B.A. from Albion College, Albion Michigan
- M. Div. from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston, Illinois
- D. Min. in Pastoral Counseling/Psychotherapy from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, Evanston, Illinois
- Clinical training at Samaritan Counseling Center of Southeastern Michigan
Professional experience and credentialing:
- Ordained Elder in United Methodist Church: served as pastor in local churches and as Consultant to the United Methodist Bishop in Michigan on matters of clergy sexual misconduct.
- Fellow in the American Association of Pastoral Counselors
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Michigan
- Certified as Pastoral Counselor by the Division of Higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church.
Location of Practice:
- Wednesday: Nardin Park
- Thursday: Nardin Park (afternoon/evening)