Karen Schurgin, Psy.D., ATR, LPC, LP
Dr. Schurgin is the clinical supervisor at Samaritan Counseling Center. She is a fully Licensed Psychologist (LP), a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and a Registered Art Therapist (ATR).
Her areas of emphasis include anxiety, life transitions, domestic violence, sexual abuse issues, couples therapy, and relationships issues.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Loyola Marymount University, M.A., Marital and Family Clinical Art Therapy
- Oakland University, Post Masters Specialization, Counseling
- Center for Humanistic Studies, Psy. S., Humanistic Psychology
- Michigan School for Professional Psychology, Psy. D., Clinical Humanistic Psychology
- Licensed Psychologist (L.P.), Michigan
- Licensed Professional Counselor, (L.P.C.), Michigan
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, (L.M.H.C.), Florida
- Registered Art Therapist, (ATR), Art Therapy Credentialing Board
- American Art Therapy Association, Professional Member
- Michigan Association of Art Therapy, Professional Member and Past President
- Specialties: Art Therapy with Children & Adolescents, Individual Therapy, Women’s Issues, Depression,
- Anxiety, Life Transitions, Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse Issues, Couple’s Therapy & Relationship Issues
Location of Practice:
- Nardin Park